October 3, 2011

Shameka Dwight - Roses Have Thorns


The first time I heard Shameka Dwight, I instantly fell in love with her voice. I couldn't quite place who I thought she reminded me of, then after listening to this gem I came across via twitter today it came to me. I won't say who, but what I will say is, with the proper marketing machine behind Shameka, she will be an artist to cross the lines of R&B, gospel and jazz very easily without losing herself. Her latest single, "Roses Have Thorns" is a lovely tale of her complexities - both the good and the ugly, sung beautifully over gentle keys, warm strings and a tender drum. Produced and written by Shameka herself, this is the second single to come from her debut Lovelations which is scheduled for a December release. 

Shameka Dwight - Roses Have Thorns
blog comments powered by Disqus