November 15, 2011

Hawthorne Headhunters - Myriad of Now EP


Groups breakup! It's just something that happens. Sometimes the answer is obvious (friction), while other times it's just simple differences that don't even matter. Well, St. Louis natives Black Spade and Coultrain, the two remaining members of Hawthorne Headhunters have no beef whatsoever with former members, MC Adad, I -Ced & Pro Mic. The desire to go solo was just imperative for the former three. Good for them. MC Adad is currently working on his solo while both I-Ced and Pro Mic have release dope debuts. Now Hawthorne Headhunters follow up and carry the name strong with their Myriad of Now Ep. This is just a glimpse of what's to come from the full length 14 track album due out next year. A combination of Electro, Funk, Jazz, and Soul music fused with free spirited lyrics. I'm a fan of both artists, so when I pressed play, I allowed the music to do what it do: ENGAGE! 

Myriad of Now released last month, and I've had this since the 24th of then, but for those who are still sleeping or just not at all aware, peep two gems from the EP below. Groups like Hawthorne Headhunters in my opinion deserve to be a household name, but I do understand, some things are just not for everyone. But for those that feel their eclecticism, support them on itunes and stay tuned for more. 

Hawthorne Headhunters - Teleport
 
Hawthorne Headhunters - No Crying Now, No Lyin' Down
blog comments powered by Disqus