August 25, 2011

Maimouna Youssef - I Got A Man


The first time I heard of singer/songwriter/emcee & poet, Maimouna Youssef was on the pulsating heat rock “Don’t Feel Right” from The legendary Roots crew. Fast forward five years and the last time I heard from her was right around the beginning of the year on a single she did called "I See You." She dropped an EP back in March called Black Magic Woman that I slept on. Now when you put all this together Mumu Fresh as she is also known prepares us for her debut, The Blooming due in late September 2011. Leading off the album with a mellow groove entitled "I Got A Man" Maimouna sings her sorrows of how torn she is between her man and the good friend she has that knows her so well . Produced by DJ Jazzy Jeff, this is very relatable song for a lot of females and even guys who have gone Half Crazy about a relationship. 

Maimouna Youssef - I Got A Man
blog comments powered by Disqus