February 1, 2011

U.City - Heartbreaker rmx ft. (Eric Roberson & Jesse Boykins III)


On Monday, I received an email from a group named U.City wanting to share a track w/me and 17 others via soundcloud. I hadn't heard of U.City, but the features on the track piqued my interest. So I clicked on the link then pressed play on the cloud and a sweet dub type track crept into my ear. The bassline and melody is very reggae inspired - I'd even go as far as saying the overall vibe reminds me of a Morgan Heritage track. That's a good look! Needless to say, I had heard of the group before under their previous moniker United Soul. The Nicolay remix of "Soul Clap" was my first taste of the group. Heartbreaker comes via their 09 release The Fall

U.City - Heartbreaker rmx

 

 

 

 

 


United Soul - Soul Clap (Nicolay Rmx ft Yahzarah and Phonte)

 

 

 

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus