November 9, 2010

Grillade - Dream of You


While crusin' bandcamp over the weekend, I came across a group called Grillade. Prononced [gree-yahd] - the group consisit of Ragen Fykes, Keelay and The Park. Seeing Ragen's name caught my attention, so I went ahead and pressed play, and blaring from my speakers came the soulful, funk of "Dream of You." The tune took me back to an early Brand New Heavies sound - thorough instumentation laced by sultry vocals. Unfortunately, it's only a snippet. Damn! However, after doing my research, I came upon the full track and more info about the band. The 6 member group hails from San Francisco, California, and they're preparing their debut full-length entitled, Fresh Out Of Nowhere. Keelay, the group's producer, keyboardist and percussionist states: “Weʼre musicians – artists. Grillade is a band that was born in an era where bedroom producers, singers and rappers are a dime a dozen. But we are playing the gigs, we are spending the time in the studio, we are crafting a brand new sound”. And the sound is most worthy to be heard. Peep the gem below and fall in love.

Grillade - Dream of You

 

 

 

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus