August 19, 2010

Vibe of The Day: Alison Carney


Released in April of 2008, The EP by Washington, DC native Alison Carney gets mad love by me today. To be quite honest, I don't remember exactly when I jumped on the record, but following my last Episode of WSLE Soundscape Radio I had to give the joint a proper spin. The 5 song EP is straight bananas! Alison's soft angelic tone wraps around beautiful melodies, warm rhythms and a head nodder that ignites a memorable mood and time within the listener. Alison is definitely an artist to place on your "one to watch" list. Peep the mellow and slight acoustic vibe of "More Than" below. Then check her latest single featured beneath that, "Japanese Candy" (2010) which has Alison rocking a funky electro, soul hop kind of vibe. Support good music, and stay tuned for more from this incredible young lady.  

alisoncarney.bandcamp.com
www.alisoncarney.com

Alison Carney - More Than

Alison Carney - Japanese Candy
blog comments powered by Disqus