December 20, 2009

Amanda Diva - I Can See

It's been over 2 years now since my introduction to the multi-talented Amanda Diva. Her first offering, a joint called "40 MC's ft. Q-tip, had me bobbing my head from the onset of the piano riddled sample. The cut was so chill, and Amanda's storytelling lyrics were right on point with the slow knock of the track. I was proud to hear a female emcee spit sex free, fashion flow-less lyrics, and instead, kept it 100% hip hop. Since then, I really haven't stayed up to date with her. I'd see her pop up from time to time again on various hip hop websites, Mtv2 and most recently on features with Q-tip, The Kid Daytona and Rob Murat. Sorry Ms. Diva. I got you from here on out. On that note, the featured track below is from the Ruby Hornet Closed Sessions project out the Chi. It's a smooth showcase of Amanda's lyrical game as well as her gift of song. Cop her FreEp, "Spandex, Rhymes & Soul via her sites, and make sure to support this talented young lady. [RH]

www.amandadiva.com
www.myspace.com/amandadiva

Amanda Diva - I Can See
blog comments powered by Disqus